Delhi Riots: Delhi Court Extends Judicial Custody Of Umar Khalid And Sharjeel Imam Till 23rd November 2020

first_imgNews UpdatesDelhi Riots: Delhi Court Extends Judicial Custody Of Umar Khalid And Sharjeel Imam Till 23rd November 2020 Karan Tripathi20 Nov 2020 4:25 AMShare This – xKarkardooma District Court on Friday granted an extension of 3-days in judicial custody over Umar Khalid and Sharjeel Imam. The court was due to hear the matter today as the extended judicial custody of both Umar and Sharjeel in connection with the Delhi Riots case under UAPA was due to expire today. The court on 23rd October, 2020, had granted an extension in judicial custody of…Your free access to Live Law has expiredTo read the article, get a premium account.Your Subscription Supports Independent JournalismSubscription starts from ₹ 599+GST (For 6 Months)View PlansPremium account gives you:Unlimited access to Live Law Archives, Weekly/Monthly Digest, Exclusive Notifications, Comments.Reading experience of Ad Free Version, Petition Copies, Judgement/Order Copies.Subscribe NowAlready a subscriber?LoginKarkardooma District Court on Friday granted an extension of 3-days in judicial custody over Umar Khalid and Sharjeel Imam. The court was due to hear the matter today as the extended judicial custody of both Umar and Sharjeel in connection with the Delhi Riots case under UAPA was due to expire today. The court on 23rd October, 2020, had granted an extension in judicial custody of JNU student leader Umar Khalid and Sharjeel Imam till 20th November, 2020 on an application moved by Delhi Police seeking for extension of remand. The hearing was held before ASJ Amitabh Rawat, Karkardooma District Court, Shahdara. In today’s hearing, SPP Amit Prasad informed the Court that there was an application for 3 days judicial custody for both Umar khalid and Sharjeel Imam. Both Umar and Sharjeel were present at the hearing through VC. The court agreed to extend the judicial custody by another 3 days. The judge was informed by the counsel appearing for Sharjeel Imam that an application has been moved for return of certain writings by Imam which had been earlier confiscated. Imam told the court that the same had been taken by the duty officer whose name he couldn’t recall. Umar Khalid informed the court that some people from Jail No. 1 had come looking for Sharjeel’s notebooks in his jail as Sharejeel had been lodged there before. The court agreed to take up this application as well on 23rd November, 2020.Next Storylast_img read more

Luxury property development to be bulldozed after it failed ‘because of Brexit’

first_imgHome » News » Land & New Homes » Luxury property development to be bulldozed after it failed ‘because of Brexit’ previous nextLand & New HomesLuxury property development to be bulldozed after it failed ‘because of Brexit’Five luxury houses in Dorset are given the green light to be knocked down and replaced with an apartment block after failing to sell.Sheila Manchester13th November 201901,693 Views Neighbours rarely enjoy property developments next door to their homes but on this occasion their fury is justified.Alex Collier, a Dorset property developer, has won permission to bulldoze five new luxury houses (pictured, above) in Branksome Park, Poole worth £1.3million each and replace them with 30 flats with an asking price of £450,000 each, claiming that Brexit ‘put off potential buyers’.Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council approved his plan despite 100 residents’ objections slamming the ‘wasteful, obnoxious and ludicrous decision’.“Laughable!” Adrian Wardlow, Chairman, Branksome Park Residents Association, said: “We’ve received so many complaints about this application.“Only the developer and the planning committee seem to think it’s appropriate. It’s an incredible decision. The Brexit excuse is laughable and treating us with absolute contempt.“The original homes were obnoxious and overpriced. It is obvious that they would never sell at the asking prices. The planning committee seems to have decided to help the developer get himself out of a hole by knocking them down.“Given the oft-trumpeted ‘green’ aims and intentions of the Council, we are absolutely astounded by the decision to approve the property development.”The plot of land contained two old bungalows when Mr Collier bought it for around £1.6m in 2012. Building costs were estimated at £3m for the property development to build five modern properties.Under the newly approved plans, a large block containing 8 two-bedroom and 22 three-bedroom flats will be built in their place, with underground parking for 41 cars.It is thought it will cost about £5m to build the five-storey block. Still, at a likely average of £500,000 per flat that’s quite a return on investment. Estate agents: What’s your view? Adrian Wardlow Branksome Park Residents Association Christchurch and Poole Council property development Bournemouth Dorset November 13, 2019Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more