February 15, 2017 Find out more Hostile climate for Dominican media since start of 2015 Journalists wounded while covering street clashes in Santo Domingo Follow the news on Dominican Republic Help by sharing this information July 2, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 TV cameraman gunned down in Dominican Republic Receive email alerts RSF_en News to go further Dominican Republic: News presenter and producer gunned down in mid-broadcast Organisation Dominican RepublicAmericas News News Dominican RepublicAmericas June 25, 2015 Find out more Murder comes three days after shooting attack on newspaper reporter.Reporters Without Borders is alarmed by the sudden surge in violence against journalists in the Dominican Republic after two unidentified gunmen fatally shot Newton González, a cameraman and video editor with Canal 25, in the northern city of Santiago yesterday.The police have ruled out robbery as the murder motive because the gunmen left the scene without taking anything from the victim. He was gunned down on one of Santiago’s main streets in broad daylight.What with death threats, attacks, murder attempts and now González’s murder, a climate of extreme violence against journalists has developed in the Dominican Republic and freedom of information is in full retreat.“We urge the Dominican authorities to take all possible measures to identify those responsible for this murder and bring them to justice,” said Camille Soulier, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Americas desk. “The reasons for this surge in violence against journalists must also be identified quickly.”González’s murder came three days unidentified gunmen opened fire on El Nacional correspondent Pedro Fernández in his car in the northeastern city of San Francisco de Macorís. Fernández, who was not hurt, had reported in January that he had evidence of a plot to kill him.The Dominican Republic is ranked 68th out of 180 countries in the 2014 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index.Picture : acento.com Slideshow : eldia.com News September 22, 2014 Find out more
Topics : US President Donald Trump said on Monday that China could have stopped the coronavirus before it swept the globe and that his administration was conducting “serious investigations” into what happened.Trump’s criticism was the latest from his administration to target China’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak, which emerged late last year in the Chinese city of Wuhan and has grown into a global pandemic.Last week, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said the United States “strongly believed” Beijing failed to report the outbreak in a timely manner and covered up how dangerous the respiratory illness caused by the virus was. “We’re doing very serious investigations… We are not happy with China,” Trump said at a White House briefing. “There are a lot of ways you can hold them accountable.”We believe it could have been stopped at the source. It could have been stopped quickly and it wouldn’t have spread all over the world.”Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Geng Shuang told reporters in Beijing that some US politicians were lying to deflect attention from their insufficient response to the virus at home. He did not specifically refer to Trump or Pompeo.”Attempts to shift the blame on China will not denigrate China’s efforts in responding to the virus,” Geng said. The coronavirus outbreak has killed more than 210,000 people around the world, including more than 56,000 in the United States, according to a Reuters tally.Earlier on Monday, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro accused China of sending low-quality and counterfeit coronavirus antibody testing kits to the United States and of “profiteering” from the pandemic.Navarro, an outspoken critic of Beijing whom Trump has appointed to work on supply-line issues relating to the crisis, said more testing both for the virus and antibodies was vital to getting Americans currently in lockdown back to work.”That’s where, perhaps, we can find people who are immune, that can be in the workplace in a more safe environment. But we can’t have China, for example, bringing in those fake tests and counterfeit tests, because that’s going to be very disruptive,” Navarro said in an interview on Fox News.”There’s a lot of these antibody tests coming in from China now that are low quality, false readings and things like that,” he said.Asked about Navarro’s comments, Geng said that the White House adviser was a habitual liar with no credibility, in line with previous comments by China.
101 Kingsley Tce, Manly.ON an 810sq m block, this timeless Queenslander is a charming property metres from Moreton Bay, with traditional features complementing an abundance of indoor and outdoor living spaces.A concrete path leads past grassy lawns and established gardens to timber stairs that ascend to the residence at 101 Kingsley Tce,, Manly. Inside, VJ walls, high ceilings, decorative cornices and leadlight windows flow throughout.Numerous hopper windows feature in a carpeted sunroom, which flows to a hallway separating two bedrooms with sliding-door entries.One bedroom has split-system airconditioning and a connecting study with street views, while the second bedroom has french doors opening to a sleep-out with casement windows. Both bedrooms share a bathroom with a combined shower and bath. 101 Kingley Tce, Manly.Agent Haydn Meyer described the property as a prime blue-chip offering with ample potential for buyers looking to immediately move in, renovate or build their dream residence from a blank canvas. “This property already has ocean views across to the Moreton Bay islands and provides an excellent opportunity to capitalise on a historic Queenslander with a prime location,” he said. 101 Kingley Tce, Manly.Located in the coastal suburb of Manly, this property is within walking distance to Manly Boat Harbour, Pandanus Beach and the waterfront George Clayton Park. It enjoys convenient access to North Stradbroke Island and Moreton Island while still staying within about 20km of the Brisbane CBD. More from newsLand grab sees 12 Sandstone Lakes homesites sell in a week21 Jun 2020Tropical haven walking distance from the surf9 Oct 2019101 Kingsley Tce, Manly.Spacious lounge and dining rooms are positioned to one side of the house, separated by a rich timber archway with built-in glass cabinetry. The dining room has leadlight windows and direct access to the kitchen, which features cooking appliances, an adjoining meals area and louvre windows. A powder room is behind the kitchen, next to external stairs leading down to the back yard. The large back yard is fully fenced and has a water tank and Hills hoist clothesline. The front of the house also has a covered patio and single-car garage.
The Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol, where Brunel Pension Partnership is basedRedington helped the £29bn pension pool with the sub-fund searches and Inalytics provided detailed manager analysis.Brunel has previously said it would be using an ACS model – a UK tax efficient fund structure – for around £7.5bn of actively managed equities, and appointed FundRock as the operator of the ACS in June.Brunel is a collaboration between 10 Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) funds based attached to local authorities in the south and south-west of England.The actively managed UK equities sub-fund is the pool’s latest investment offering after it appointed Legal & General Investment Management as a passive equity fund manager in April. It has allocated almost £1bn to a smart beta fund run by the same manager. Brunel has also made commitments to long-lease property funds run by M&G and Aberdeen Standard Investments.A £1.3bn emerging markets equities fund is in the pipeline and a low volatility equity allocation could also be made.ACCESS pool prepping £650m mandate LGPS ACCESS, another of the new UK public pension asset pools, is gearing up to make a £650m active global equity allocation.Link Fund Solutions, the pool’s operator, was working with Russell Investment Management to identify a manager with a value bias for one or more sub-funds, ACCESS announced today.“This appointment is part of a series of sub-funds to be launched during 2019 to facilitate a significant move of assets into the pool structure to meet the government’s objective of delivering reduced costs while maintaining overall investment performance,” it said.ACCESS is a consortium of 11 LGPS funds with a total of £45bn in assets under management. Unlike Brunel, it has not created its own fund structure but has appointed Link to house the assets and Russell to aid with manager selection.Its first global equity sub-fund was launched in the autumn, with Baillie Gifford the first manager to be appointed, according to a spokesman. IPE Quest inquiryA UK pension fund is seeking input for a potential actively managed large-cap value equities mandate via IPE Quest’s Discovery service.According to DS-2499 , the pension fund – which is using the procurement service for the first time – could invest £200m. It was interested in managers with a track record of at least five years, for either a pooled fund or a segregated mandate.The IPE news team is unable to answer any further questions about IPE Quest, Discovery, or Innovation tender notices to protect the interests of clients conducting the search. To obtain information directly from IPE Quest, please contact Jayna Vishram on +44 (0) 20 3465 9330 or email [email protected] Brunel Pension Partnership has appointed three asset managers to run a £1.6bn (€1.8bn) active UK equities fund.Aberdeen Standard Investments, Baillie Gifford, and Invesco have been hired to run the sub-fund, which forms the first portfolio within Brunel’s newly launched authorised contractual scheme (ACS).According to Mark Mansley, chief investment officer at Brunel, the managers offered the best “blend of complementary skills and methods” for the pool’s clients.“We have carefully reviewed the correlation between the managers to ensure they provide genuine diversification, and believe this combination is particularly efficient,” said Mansley. “We expect the portfolio to meet our 2% outperformance target with modest overall risk and low costs,” he added. “The managers’ approaches to stewardship and responsible investment were also key.”
Read Also: Ronaldo, Mayweather own supercars but not richest collection in sport Union Berlin will welcome Hansi Flick’s side to the German capital on May 17 with the two teams set to compete in an empty stadium as the Bundesliga restarts. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Ahead of the imminent restart, the defending German champions trained on Friday in larger groups without any media access. Bayern Munich had previously been working in smaller groups without any contract between the players.Advertisement Bayern Munich squad members on Friday afternoon restarted group training and take their preparation for the resumption of the Bundesliga to the next level. Loading… Promoted ContentWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The WorldBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Insane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hoot7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MorePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiHere Are The 10 Most Famous Female Racers Of All TimeWhy Go Veg? 7 Reasons To Do This
Wrestling has been reinstated as an Olympic sport for the 2020 and 2024 Games after being voted in ahead of baseball/softball and squash.International Olympic Committee (IOC) members conducted a secret electronic ballot on the issue in Buenos Aires.Wrestling had been dropped from the 2020 Olympic programme in February after the IOC assessed the performance of all 26 sports at London 2012.On Saturday, the organisation’s 125th session awarded Tokyo the 2020 Games.Wrestling – which was the favourite – received a majority of 49 votes, while a combined baseball/softball bid got 24 votes and squash 22.The sport – one of the original disciplines at the Ancient Olympics – had been due to end its Olympic participation at Rio 2016 following its dismissal by the IOC earlier this year. English 2010 Commonwealth bronze medallist, Leon Rattigan, told BBC Sport: “I am so pleased that the pinnacle competition to which we all aspire is saved.“Wrestlers across the world continue to have something to work for.”Members of amateur wrestling’s world governing body, the International Federation of Associated Wrestling Styles (Fila), gave a roar when the result was announced by IOC president Jacques Rogge.Wrestling’s triumph in the vote follows a number of sweeping reforms made following its exclusion, including overhauling its rules, administration, gender equality and operations.Fila president, Nenad Lalovic, said the IOC would not regret its decision: “With this vote, you have shown that the steps we have taken to improve our sport have made a difference.“I assure each of you that our modernisation will not stop now. We will continue to strive to be the best partner to the Olympic Movement that we can be.” Earlier on Sunday, Lalovic had declared during wrestling’s presentation to IOC members: “Today is the most important day in the 3,000-year history of our sport.”British Wrestling chief executive, Colin Nicholson, told BBC Sport: “In Britain we will now re-focus on growing participation in this Olympic sport.”Squash suffered its third failed bid to take part in the Games for a first time. It had topped an IOC vote in 2005 for Olympic inclusion but failed to get the required two-thirds majority. It then failed again in 2009.“Today’s decision is heart-breaking for the millions of squash players around the world, particularly given the 10-year journey we have been on to join the Olympic Games Sports Programme,” World Squash Federation president, Narayana Ramachandran, said.“As the only new Olympic sport on today’s shortlist, we believed squash offered something for the future and I still hope that our inclusion may still be possible.”Baseball/softball – which had the son of ex-Cuban leader Fidel Castro, Antonio Castro, in its presentation team – last featured at the Beijing Olympics in 2008. Wrestling, which combines freestyle and Greco-Roman events, was included in the inaugural modern Olympics in Athens in 1896.It has been in every Games since, apart from Paris in 1900. At London 2012, it featured 344 athletes competing in 11 medal events.The success of its bid showed the sport had not suffered from a reprimand its federation received last week from the IOC for breaching rules.The IOC session culminates on Tuesday with the election of a new president to replace Rogge, who is retiring from the role after 12 years