One of the nine families who now have a home thanks to Donegal man Tim Jackson.The first refugees to be helped by the “Homes From Donegal” building charity in Africa have moved into their new houses. The founder of the initiative is Ballybofey man Tim Jackson who expressed his thanks to all who had given to the cause, with nine houses being completed so far.He shared his plans to continue building for the refugees by holding a county-wide clothing collection to raise funds on Sunday 8th February. Tim said “When I visited the Central African Republic last year, it was devastating to hear stories from refugees about what they had suffered and of how many of their loved ones had been killed. Going home to Ireland, I decided that the least I could do was try to give them back the dignity of a home.”Tim JacksonHaving been displaced last year in a bloody war that swept the Central African Republic, one million refugees fled into make-shift camps and Church grounds for protection.Most have had to stay there despite a reprieve in the violence, as their homes and villages lie in waste after being destroyed by rebels.“We can give a family a new home for only €700, so hopefully there will be a big response on February 8th to the clothing collection. We are going to have collection points for the clothes around the whole county.” THE YOUNG DONEGAL MAN BUILDING HOMES FOR REFUGEES IN AFRICA was last modified: January 14th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AfricacharitydonegalhomesTim Jackson
WASHINGTON — Federal agents on Monday raided the office of President Donald Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen, seizing records on topics including a $130,000 payment made to a porn actress who says she had sex with Trump more than a decade ago.The raid on Cohen’s office was done by the U.S. Attorney’s office in Manhattan and was based at least partly on a referral from special counsel Robert Mueller, according to Cohen’s lawyer, Stephen Ryan.“The decision by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in New York to conduct their investigation using search warrants is completely inappropriate and unnecessary,” Ryan said in a statement. “It resulted in the unnecessary seizure of protected attorney client communications between a lawyer and his clients.”The raid creates a new legal headache for Trump even as he and his attorneys weigh whether to agree to an interview with Mueller’s team, which in addition to investigating potential ties between Russia and the Trump campaign is also examining whether the president’s actions constitute obstruction of justice.The law enforcement action will almost certainly amplify the public scrutiny on the payment to the actress, Stormy Daniels, which was made just days before the 2016 presidential election. Trump told reporters last week that he did not know about the payment.