“I don’t know what the club’s idea will be,” Cech told the website of Czech newspaper Idnes. “It looks like it works well with me and Thibaut as a duo. “But that can work for one season only. I don’t want another one like this. “There always will be speculation. I leave it for the summer. “It will be important to sit down with the club and with the manager to consider all the pros and cons. We will see what will work out the best.” Cech has been linked with a host of clubs, including Real Madrid, Paris St Germain and Arsenal. Mourinho earlier this month insisted he would not stand in Cech’s way should he wish to leave at the end of the season. But Cech’s status means a big fee will be required to prise him from Stamford Bridge as his contract does not expire until the end of next season. “I don’t waste my time trying to persuade him, because I know nobody can persuade him,” Mourinho said. “If he tells me he wants to leave, I will tell him my opinion and my opinion is one of the three best goalkeepers in the world. Huge money.” Petr Cech has no intention of remaining as Chelsea’s second choice goalkeeper and will make a decision on his future this summer. After a decade as Chelsea’s first-choice goalkeeper, the 32-year-old Czech Republic international has been displaced as number one by Thibaut Courtois this season. Cech has made four Premier League starts to Courtois’ 25 this term, but did play in the Capital One Cup final win over Tottenham at Wembley earlier this month in what could be interpreted as a show of thanks from manager Jose Mourinho. Press Association
The 20 clubs in Serie A are in agreement that they want to finish the season if they can do so in accordance with government guidelines and by respecting health regulations and protocols.The Italian clubs met by video conference and all supported a statement issued a day earlier by league president Paolo Dal Pino.Dal Pino said it was “only natural that the Serie A league wants to play soccer. It would be against our nature to say the contrary.”___Hungarian Grand Prix organizers say spectators won’t be allowed at this year’s Formula One race if it goes ahead. The Latest: Peachtree Road Race pushed back to Thanksgiving Organizers say the decision came after the Swiss government extended a ban on gatherings of more than 1,000 people through August.The tournament in the Swiss Alps was scheduled for Aug. 27-30.Organizers say the course at Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club will open to the public on May 11 as part of the easing of social restrictions.___The three biggest names in men’s pole vault will compete against each other in a rare sporting event during the coronavirus pandemic. And they’ll do it from their own backyards. May 1, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___The Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta is moving to Thanksgiving from its traditional Fourth of July date because of the coronavirus pandemic. Swiss officials say they had talks with the International Ice Hockey Federation and 2021 worlds co-hosts Belarus and Latvia about Switzerland taking its turn next year.That has now been ruled out.The Swiss federation says the financial risks were too great and there is no guarantee the coronavirus outbreak will allow the next championship in May 2021.Switzerland hopes to host again in the coming years but the IIHF has already allocated world championships through 2025.___ Associated Press The race is planned for Aug. 2 but Formula One officials are rewriting the 2020 schedule after the coronavirus pandemic forced cancellations and postponements.Hungarian race officials announced their plan after the government banned large gatherings through Aug. 15.F1 chairman Chase Carey says the season could start July 5 with the Austrian GP. He hopes 15-18 races can take place beginning in Europe before moving to Eurasia, Asia and the Americas.___The European Masters golf tournament scheduled for August in Switzerland has been canceled. World Athletics says it’s looking to hold Ultimate Garden Clash competitions in other events.___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 The event is the world’s largest 10-kilometer (6.2-mile) race with about 60,000 participants. The first race was held in 1970.The Atlanta Track Club says the Nov. 26 date was selected because families gather for Thanksgiving. It will also minimize the impact on retailers in downtown Atlanta because most businesses will be closed for the holiday.Rhonex Kipruto of Kenya ran last year’s race in 27 minutes, 1 second to break the U.S. record in the event.___The 2021 badminton world championships will now start in November to avoid clashing with the rescheduled Tokyo Olympics. Video links will connect world record holder Armand Duplantis, world champion Sam Kendricks and former Olympic champion Renaud Lavillenie.World Athletics calls it “The Ultimate Garden Clash” and will stream it on social media.Duplantis will be in Louisiana, Kendricks in Mississippi and Lavillenie in France.Their challenge is to clear the most 5-meter jumps within 30 minutes. The athletes agreed on the format because adjusting the bar is not practical without officials in place.Duplantis broke Lavillenie’s world record in February. He cleared 6.17 meters and then 6.18 on consecutive weekends. The Badminton World Federation says the event will remain in Huelva, Spain, and be held Nov. 29-Dec. 5.BWF president Poul-Erik Høyer says the two main events can now go ahead “with equal fairness for everyone.”___The Swiss hockey federation says it won’t seek to host the 2021 men’s world championship after losing this year’s event because of the coronavirus pandemic.The 2020 championship had been due to start next week in Zurich and Lausanne. It was canceled in March.