Inter president Erick Thohir has confirmed Sagna is on the San Siro club’s radar as they begin early preparations for next season. “We’re interested in Sagna because we need to balance the team,” Thohir was quoted as saying on the club’s official website. Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna is a target for Inter Milan with the full-back’s contract set to expire in the summer. “Right now we only have (Yuto) Nagatomo and Jonathan. If one of them gets injured you need somebody else to come in.” Sagna could still sign a new deal to remain in north London, while he has also been linked with a move to Manchester City. “If Sagna decided to stay in England, we’d understand and in that case we might bring in a young player from our academy,” Thohir said. The Inter owner ruled out a move for veteran M anchester United defender Patrice Evra, adding: “We’ve never had any negotiations with Evra”. Inter are already looking ahead to next term following a disappointing campaign. Walter Mazzarri’s side are 31 points adrift of champions-in-waiting Juventus and face a fight just to qualify for the Champions League. Thohir has previously suggested that a high-profile striker would also be high on the list of priorities, with Chelsea forward Fernando Torres and Manchester City’s Edin Dzeko both linked, among a host of names. Thohir did not rule out a move for either, but will talk with his coach before any decision is made. He said: “What I said is that we need someone up top. The media have written about those players and I mentioned that one of them would be good for Inter. “It depends on the discussions we have with the coach and the management about how we can be more consistent up front. In the end it depends on the players, the formation and the strategy that we want to use.” Asked if he was happy with Mazzarri, Thohir added: “I don’t have any problem with him or with the management. “When it comes to the end of the season we review everything, for example if our website’s not doing well, why that is, how do we improve ticketing and so on. As a businessman I need to review things.” Press Association
After the session, Setién will give the list of summoned. In principle some important news is expected as the inclusion of the quarry Riqui Puig, especially thinking that the Dutchman Frenkie de Jong will not be able to play the game against Granada for sanction after his expulsion in the derby against Espanyol.The summoned ones have to appear at 19 hours in the Camp Nou, that is, two hours before the game. In this sense there are no differences regarding Valverde.Another routine change is that the team will not exercise in the afternoon in the previous match but the session will be on Saturday at 11 am and later Setién will appear in the press room to make his first press conference of the season.Since the arrival of the veteran coach at the club, the team has not yet had a holiday, since the break was called on Wednesday to prepare a session at 11 am. So that, The players are learning the Setién method at well-charged doses: work and humility. The team is summoned at 11 am in the Sports City to carry out an exclusively tactical session, where the concepts worked during the week will be worked, as well as the ball games. This is a different training than a normal day because it starts from a different need, having the players to make a maximum effort a few hours later. Quique Setién has started his run at FC Barcelona with momentum. In its first week of work the team will have completed eight workouts: one with Ernesto Valverde and seven with Setién. An unknown workload in the Blaugrana locker room, at least in recent years. In fact, the Cantabrian coach returns to an old custom used by Luis Enrique and before by Pep Guardiola: training the same day of the game and later list of summoned.